What we do
The Association aims to strengthen the voice of women representatives of law-enforcement bodies, to promote their credibility and trust in them.
One of the main functions of UIAPO is to create a network of law enforcement officials throughout Ukraine for dialogue and exchange of experience and ideas. We want that as many women as possible in law enforcement agencies can develop their leadership skills, grow professionally and get managerial positions.
Strategic tasks of the Association:
- create conditions for overcoming barriers in the career growth of female law enforcers
- to increase the level of professional competence of women in law enforcement agencies;
- create conditions for women’s leadership in law enforcement agencies
- to introduce a system of mentoring in law enforcement agencies
- to develop proposals on the observance of equal rights and opportunities for women and men in law enforcement agencies
- informational and analytical work to identify and eliminate the causes and conditions that promote inequality and discrimination of women in law enforcement agencies
Priorities of the Association activity:
- support for the professionalization of the law enforcement system
- creating opportunities for the professional development of law enforcement officers – women and men
- raising awareness of gender issues in law enforcement, promoting the idea of equal rights and opportunities for women and men.
- integration into the process of reforming and Euro-Atlantic integration of the system of law-enforcement bodies of Ukraine in accordance with the best norms and standards of the EU and NATO
- support for the implementation of the Action Plan of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine on the implementation of the National Action Plan to ensure the implementation of UN Security Council Resolution 1325 “Women, Peace and Security” for the period until 2020.